Friday, November 2, 2007

midnight burn...


tomorrows a big day. well not that big. i called up a college to inquire about returning to school. the choices were, netwroking tech, or graphic design. you see i'm in a pinch, do i pursue a skill that will enhance in my already 9-to-5 job of cable tech? or do i throw caution to the wind and take up my first love of art, and boldy go in a new direction for my life?


catch, i'm 35 and getting older. i have a family to support, and i can't afford to throw caution to the wind. but i still have this burning desire to pursue my art as a career. i'm probaly dragging this out, but the other consideration is, money... no matter which i choose, it's going to cost money, and time. both of which i do not have a lot of. this is starting to sound familiar... like as an artist you need time and money, but both don't always seem to meet, which presents a challenge. practicality or dream. what to do?


either way i love the Lord, and i'm going to lean on him so he can guide me. after all, he put He put the talent an dreams in me. so why not let Him show me what to do with them?


i'm tired...


peace out

3 comments:

ShojinStudios said...

Arnie I'm going to violently beat you if you don't persue your desire to draw. Dude you need to pray this one through, but I can almost predict this is the path you were meant to take for the simple reason It's so difficult for you to reach. If you've tried and given it all you got then it's time to give it up to God! Let Him take over and see you through this. Dude this is what you were meant to do, Trust and obey, Don't give up!

-Paz!

Anonymous said...

Hey,man! My name is Cedric Anderson and I'm an artist. In reference to your post: I don't think you need to go to school to be an artist. I did go but was to be around like minded people. The desire to create is already in you. The two things you need now is knowledge of different art techniques ( dvds from Gnomon and Massive Black are enough ) and an entrepreneur/salesman spirit. Art school was more about networking with people that could potently hook you up with a job later.

arnie said...

ShojinStudios- hey, i get it, no violence required. i have turned this over to Him, all i had to do was move...

Mastershokhan- you have point, and i agree with everything you said. i'm just at a point in my life where had i done this a decade ago, this would be a different blog. the direction i'm going in likes certicates and degree's on a resume...

thanks for stopping by, i hope i see ya'll more often

peace out